Sacha Baron Cohen je pred dnevi imel govor, kjer je raztrgal Marka Zuckerberga in Facebook in družbeno omrežje poimenoval “the greatest propaganda machine in history”. Govor, ki je postal viralen je imel Sacha na podelitvi International Leadership Award v okviru Anti-Defamation League dogodka Never is Now.
V govoru je Sacha Baron Cohen obračunal tudi s Trumpom. Ampak še posebej kritičen je bil do Facebooka in njegovega ustanovitelja Marka Zuckerberga. V njegovem govoru so izjave:
- All this hate and violence is being facilitated by a handful of internet companies that amount to the greatest propaganda machine in history
- It’s like we’re living in the Roman Empire, and Mark Zuckerberg is Caesar
- This is not about limiting anyone’s free speech. This is about giving people, including some of the most reprehensible people on earth, the biggest platform in history to reach a third of the planet. Freedom of speech is not freedom of reach. Sadly, there will always be racists, misogynists, anti-Semites and child abusers. But I think we could all agree that we should not be giving bigots and pedophiles a free platform to amplify their views and target their victims.
- Under this twisted logic, if Facebook were around in the 1930s, it would have allowed Hitler to post 30-second ads on his ‘solution’ to the ‘Jewish problem
- Maybe, just maybe, we can stop the greatest propaganda machine in history, we can save democracy, we can still have a place for free speech and free expression, and, most importantly, my jokes will still work
‘If Facebook were around in the 1930s, it would have allowed Hitler to post 30-second ads’ — Listen to Sacha Baron Cohen slam the social media industry for facilitating the spread of hate, lies, and conspiracies pic.twitter.com/QinOnNRvxv
— NowThis (@nowthisnews) November 22, 2019